A man's interest in sex life after fifty years hardly changes, even if the potency decreases slightly. The frequency and duration of sexual intercourse decrease, the erection develops more slowly, but sexual satisfaction remains.
In most cases, male erectile dysfunction is successfully treated after 50 years. You just need to consult a doctor in time. This article will help you understand men's health problems.
How high should the potency at 50be?
After reaching the age of 50, the physiological possibilities for a man to continue sexual life diminish, but this does not mean that they have completely disappeared. The need for sexual intercourse in a healthy man remains, and the constant interest in the subject remains.
Nevertheless, the potency in men decreases after the age of 50. Almost all men find that they need more time now to reach a state of readiness. Signs of physiological aging may appear in a perfectly healthy man.
The norm at this age is about 8-10 full sexual contacts per month with an average duration of 2 to 3 minutes (about 50 rubs). But these are average norms, more contact for some men and less for others. The duration can also be very different.
The concept of the norm in sex life is individual: if a man is comfortable with a certain rate of sexual contact, this is the norm for him. Some men retain the ability to have sexual intercourse well into old age. Why is this happening? Obviously, heredity and a man's previous lifestyle are of great importance in maintaining potency.
These are all standard options that should be taken into account. However, in some cases, a man needs additional support.
How to increase the effectiveness after 50 years is best discussed with a urologist-andrologist. He will advise you on how to strengthen your male strength, recommend effective drugs, nutritional supplements or folk remedies.
Causes of impotence in men after 50
Why is men's sexual activity decreasing? The decrease in effectiveness after 50 years has various physiological and pathological reasons associated with various diseases.
Physiological causes for a reduced potency in men are:
- Decrease in the level of the male sex hormone testosterone in the blood. In nome, this indicator is 350-1000 ng / dl. For young men this is the upper limit of the norm, from the age of 30 the indicator decreases and at 50 it corresponds to the lower limit of the norm. This helps reduce sexual desire and all other connections in intercourse.
- Changes in the activity of the central nervous system in men after 50 years.
- Age-related changes in the walls of the blood vessels.They become less elastic, so during sexual arousal the expansion of the blood vessels and the flow of blood to the penis do not occur as quickly as in adolescence.
Knowing and taking into account the specifics of age, problems with potency at 50 can be solved by correcting the behavior of a man and his partner during intercourse.
Age-related erectile dysfunction in men can have many reasons. Often in the second half of life, men develop various chronic diseases, bad habits appear that cause a violation of potency. These reasons include:
- Long-term smoking and alcohol abuse.And indeed, and in another case, the circulatory system suffers: there is persistent vasoconstriction that prevents the development of an erection. Drinking men often disagree with this, as drinking alcohol can improve an erection. This is an insidious property of ethanol: first it expands the blood vessels for a short period of time (promotes the onset of an erection) and then causes them to constrict over the long term. The longer the passion for alcohol, the weaker the potency.
- Eating disorderwhen using large amounts of high-calorie (fatty, sweet, rich) foods. This leads to a change in metabolism and the associated hormonal and cholesterol disorders.
- Lack of exercise- contributes to poor blood circulation and the occurrence of erectile dysfunction.
- Violation of cholesterol metabolismand related diseases of the heart and blood vessels. Men are more often prone to this pathology than women, especially if the family suffers from diseases such as myocardial infarction and ischemic stroke. Cholesterol plaques are deposited on the walls of the blood vessels, preventing them from expanding and preventing blood from flowing into the pelvis during intercourse.
- Obesity. It gives impulses for strengthening any hormonal disorders and disorders of the cholesterol metabolism and therefore has a negative effect on the effectiveness.
- Diabetes mellitus type 2, in which the body loses the ability to absorb glucose, develops mainly after 40-50 years and causes persistent narrowing of small arteries, also in the pelvic area, which reduces the quality of erectilesFunction.
- Chronic inflammatory diseases and benign tumorsof the prostate (prostate). Chronic prostatitis with constant pain and urinary disorders does not contribute to a full sex life.
- Transmitted and not fully cured genital infections- gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, chlamydia and others. A constant, imperceptible inflammatory process in the genitals and lower urinary tract disrupts blood circulation, metabolic processes and suppresses sexual function. A man develops weak potency.
- Diseases of the spine- osteochondrosis and hernia of the lumbosacral region with entrapment of the cauda equina - the last part of the spinal cord containing the centers responsible for the genitourinary system.
- Significantly increased physical activity and frequent stress- do not contribute to maintaining normal potency in a man.
- Taking certain medications. These drugs include certain drugs used to lower blood pressure, antidepressants, sedatives, and others.
How to increase potency in men after 50, if this is associated with the listed problems, the urogog andrologist advises that he also selects drugs and supplements to restore male strength.
The first signs of a weak potency at 50
Since male erectile dysfunction has different causes, their symptoms and developmental patterns are also different. After stress or an acute illness (cold, viral infection, intestinal infection), the potency decreases for a while and then recovers in the age-related volume.
Against the background of chronic cardiovascular disease or long-term inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system, the decrease will be gradual, and it will be more difficult to notice its signs. The following symptoms should be noted:
- Decrease in sexual desire (libido) - a man just doesn't care too much about his own sexuality;
- Lack of spontaneous morning erection;
- Decrease in the number of sexual contacts per month compared to the same period a year ago (six months);
- The onset of an erection is slow. To achieve this, the partner's foreplay is required.
- The penis is not firm enough during erection, the increase in volume is not complete, the elevation angle is below normal.
- Occurrence of premature ejaculation and rapid completion of the action.
If a mistake or two has occurred and then everything has been restored, a man shouldn't panic. All he needs to do is establish a healthy lifestyle, proper diet, stress and vigorous physical activity, and restore trusting relationships with a partner.
If erectile dysfunction persists, especially if it is slowly losing weight, it is better for a man to seek medical help as soon as possible. Today it is quite possible to restore a man's sexual dysfunction after 50 years.
Degree of age-related potency disorders
Potency disorders occur in almost half of men after 50 years. All violations of potency are divided into degrees:
- mild degree- small errors occur regularly or there is a gradual, imperceptible decrease in effectiveness; The spontaneous erections in the morning go away, the time of intercourse decreases and so on. mild disturbances occur in a third of men who have problems with potency;
- medium- problems increase, it is difficult to achieve a full erection, premature ejaculation occurs; Failures are associated with stress, which further exacerbates the situation. The average degree develops in half of men with this pathology.
- severe degree- lack of sexual desire and complete impotence; sometimes the sexual desire persists but there is no erection; develops in 20% of men.
If a man has weak potency by the age of 50, do not wait for new symptoms. It is better to see a doctor immediately!
How to increase potency after 50 years
Only the attending physician can determine, after a preliminary examination of the patient, why a man's sexual activity decreases and how he can increase his potency at 50. The doctor explains that all diseases can be treated successfully. He will prescribe complex therapy, taking into account all the features of the disorders that have arisen, their causes and the presence of concomitant diseases. The complex treatment includes:
- Adjustment of the daily routine, the loads, the diet and the relationships with a partner;
- drug treatment;
- non-drug methods:
- movement therapy;
Drug treatment for impotence at 50
If a man has cardiovascular (angina, high blood pressure) or endocrine (diabetes, obesity) pathology, he is treated simultaneously by a urologist-andrologist and a therapist (cardiologist, endocrinologist). To improve effectiveness after 50 years, you need to treat comorbidities.
For mild erectile dysfunction associated with insufficient secretion of testosterone, phytopreparations or dietary supplements (dietary supplements) are prescribed that stimulate the production of hormones or drugs that contain synthetic testosterone, vitamins and minerals to maintain it.
In the case of significant erectile dysfunction, drugs are prescribed that suppress the action of an enzyme that prevents the rapid expansion of the vessels of the penis (IFDE-5 group).
These methods are sometimes just as effective as taking pills. Non-drug methods include:
- Physiotherapy- electrophoresis with sedatives is prescribed to eliminate the effects of stress. In the case of erectile dysfunction, rectal electrical stimulation and laser therapy help cope with it. The transcerebral ultra high frequency therapy restores the hormonal balance.
- Massage. The general massage harmonizes, restores the strength of the body and strengthens the central nervous system. Segmental massage (including cupping) will restore effectiveness.
- Reflex therapy- Effects on acupuncture points (AT), which are located on the body surface and are reflexively connected to the pelvic organs. This ancient Chinese method is used to treat any sexual disorder. Result: you can fully restore potency and extend the duration of sexual intercourse.
- Psychotherapy. Almost all erectile dysfunction are associated with mental disorders that aggravate their course. The course of psychotherapy eliminates the consequences of acute and prolonged stress and restores the man's confidence in his abilities.
How to improve potency after 50 without a doctor
An increase in potency after 50 years without a doctor is problematic because a man at this age has a number of accompanying diseases, which are very often asymptomatic. To identify them, you need to undergo an examination. Without it, there is no way, since the state of sexual function, the ability to improve it, directly depends on the treatment of comorbidities.
And yet, how can you increase the potency at 50 alone? To do this, you should try taking folk remedies, herbal remedies and nutritional supplements, as well as establishing a healthy lifestyle and diet.
The advantage of folk remedies is that they have a minimum of side effects and contraindications. However, their effectiveness is directly related to correct application. So if there is no sexual desire, stimulating an erection will not help, and vice versa. But there are also universal folk remedies that are suitable for all men over 50 with erectile dysfunction.
TOP-3 universal folk remedies to increase potency after 50:
- Royal jellyis the secret of the glands of worker bees. A universal remedy for erectile dysfunction in men of all origins. Restores the hormonal background of a man, improves blood circulation and the condition of the nervous system, calms, has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral and immunostimulatory effects. Take a teaspoon three times a day 30 minutes before meals and hold it in your mouth for 5-10 minutes. Treatment lasts for a month. Royal jelly is especially useful for inflammatory processes in the pelvic organs and circulatory disorders in men after 50 years.
- Gingeris an excellent means of improving the blood flow in the small pelvis and activating the body's defenses. Also a universal remedy for sexual disorders. Dilates the blood vessels, warms, has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effects. A decoction of ginger is made as follows: two tablespoons of freshly chopped root is poured with 250 ml of boiled water and placed in a water bath for 20-30 minutes. Take a tablespoon with honey three times a day. Course - month.
- Collect herbs against impotence. Take the dried crushed parts of the plant: marigold flowers - 1 part, inflorescences of sandy immortelle - 2 parts, valerian roots - 2, 5 parts, St. John's wort - 3 parts. Pour a tablespoon of the collection with 250 ml of water and heat it in a water bath for 15-20 minutes. Take one tablespoon three times a day before meals for 4 to 6 weeks.
Phytopreparations and dietary supplements
For self-improvement of sexual function, the intake of herbal remedies, dietary supplements (dietary supplements) that increase potency is shown. The main condition: they can be bought only in a pharmacy and after consulting a specialist. When buying over the Internet, there is a risk that you will receive a counterfeit or poorly quality, sometimes even unhealthy product.
Men after 50 years often lead a sedentary lifestyle and are overweight. All of this disrupts blood flow to the small pelvis, making it difficult for blood to flow to the genitals and developing an erection. Exercises designed specifically to increase potency can correct the situation. They strengthen muscles, activate blood circulation and improve metabolism. They need to be done regularly.
TOP 3 exercises to increase potency in men after 50:
- Diaphragmatic breathing- Massage of the pelvic organs. Lie on your back and bend your legs at the knees. Inhale deeply and slowly and stick your stomach out. Hold your breath for 3 seconds and exhale slowly, actively pulling your stomach. Do it 10 times.
- Walking on the buttocks- strengthening the muscles of the pelvis and the walls of the blood vessels. Sit on the floor with your legs straight, outstretched, and slightly apart. Move forward, move on your buttocks, forward 2 meters and then back. Repeat 6 times.
- Movement with knee resistance- Strengthening the muscles of the perineum, improving blood flow to the genitals. Sit on the floor, bend your legs at the knees, hands on the knees. Add and straighten your knees as you resist this movement with your hands. Do it 10 times.
Prevention of impotence at 50
- Eat regularlyregularly. You should eat lean animal products: meat, seafood, milk, cottage cheese, cheese. The exception is fish: fatty sea fish and fish oil are very beneficial for men's health. In addition, the diet should be rich in vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts, and seeds. Fatty, fried, smoked foods, sweets, and baked goods should be excluded from a man's diet and alcohol consumption should be limited.
- Increase physical activity. You should run and exercise more. Swimming is very useful.
- Stress management. Rare short-term loads do not have a negative effect on effectiveness. Frequent and prolonged stress is harmful. You have to remove it. If necessary, take soothing herbs (valerian, feverfew).
- It is also important to treat diseases in a timely manner, as they suppress sexual activity and increase erectile dysfunction.
Frequently asked questions
Are there safe means of quickly restoring potency by the age of 50?
Yes, but they are prescribed by a doctor.
Will a man's potency be restored when he gives up bad habits?
To restore effectiveness, complex treatment is required, including giving up bad habits.
Up to what age should a man keep his potency?
It all depends on the man's genetics and lifestyle. Some men remain sexually active well into old age.
The restoration of potency in men after 50 years is not a problem in our time, there are all possibilities. But a lot depends on the man himself: it will not be possible to restore sexual health with pills alone. To maintain normal potency, you need to eat right, exercise more, and get rid of bad habits. Worried? But it's worth it!